What is this Course About?
Revolutionary learning potential exists within the online space. We are rapidly becoming one large virtual community. People from different countries, cultures, generations and genders are connecting for the first time and learning from each other.
The learning happens not only from having access to content, but from the sharing of the content between learners. By creating spaces that include all voices, we’re shaping the future of education to reflect the global population. We can now reach communities that might not otherwise have access to education.
But, we’re not necessarily considering and designing for all the learners who come into this space. And that’s what we will tackle in this course.
What are some “key concepts “I will learn?
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Creating Learning Experiences
- Assessing Learner’s Needs
- Integrating Inclusive Elements
- Learning Management Systems
- Content Management Systems
- Personalized Online Learning
- Digital Classroom
How do I know that this course is what I need?
There’s no quick fix or checklist to create inclusion. There’s always exploring and expanding our reach. And just as we get to a milestone, the next one opens up for us. But you have to start somewhere, right?
Make sure to clarify your goals in the beginning and define who you are trying to reach. Next, start small and focus, we’re not necessarily considering and designing for all the learners that can come into a space. But, the watch word is accommodation.
What will you achieve during this course?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Design courses for targeted audiences
- Use inclusive design to create blueprints for products with the full range of human diversity in mind
- Include learning with diverse perspectives in mind
- Create enriched experiences that strengthen connections
- Develop more user-friendly products
How will I know what to do?
The course is designed to help you guide yourself from start to finish. If you are unfamiliar with online training course navigation, then watch this short video.